Hi there. I’m Mary, a writer who is not entirely unlike a well-adjusted human being. I write fiction about imaginary things and nonfiction about the ways we imagine. On this blog, that usually includes stuff like:
- Naturalistic spirituality (i.e. non-supernatural religious practice)
- Philosophy and psychology (as they relate to mental health)
- Transpersonal and psycho-spiritual ritual (I read tarot, mostly)
Some quick facts about me:
- 34 / queer / breast cancer survivor
- In addition to smithing words, I run a green housekeeping business.
- I bought my first tarot deck in secret at fourteen; it’s still my go-to deck.
- My current home is in Minnesota, on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe and Dakota peoples. But I grew up in a river valley in Tennessee, territory of the Cherokee and the Yuchi. My Southern accent is usually set to stealth mode (though I do say “y’all”).
- I’m more or less continually drinking a cup of tea, which is almost never at exactly the right temperature.
My work has appeared in/at Luna Luna, The Underbelly, Little Red Tarot, Humanistic Paganism, and elsewhere. Check out the Workings in the Wild category for links.